How to install the hub bearing
The range and use of hub bearing units is increasing, and has now reached the third generation: the first generation consists of double row angular contact bearings. The second generation has a flange for fixing the bearing on the outer raceway, and the bearing can be simply fixed to the axle and fixed by a nut, so that the maintenance of the automobile becomes easy. The third-generation hub bearing unit is matched with a bearing unit and an anti-brake brake system. The hub unit is designed with an inner flange and an outer flange, the inner flange is bolted to the drive shaft, and the outer flange mounts the entire bearing together.
In authorized repair shops, there are corresponding special tools for installing wheel bearings for different models. However, for a comprehensive maintenance company, such conditions are often not available. In this case, the used bearings that have just been removed can be used because the old bearings and the new bearings are exactly the same size.
(1) Install a circlip on the outside of the knuckle for positioning the new hub bearing.
(2) Using the old hub bearing outer ring as a spacer, press the new hub bearing into the steering knuckle. Once the bearing is fully pressed in, install the circlip on the other side into place.
(3) Use the inner hub bearing inner ring as a spacer and press the hub into the steering knuckle.
(4) After the installation is completed, turn the hub to check if it is installed and check the oil seal.
Reset the steering knuckle and other related parts
(1) Install three bolts connecting the lower arm and the knuckle with a tightening torque of 35 N·m.
(2) Install two bolts connecting the steering knuckle and the damper with a tightening torque of 95 N·m.
(3) Install the nut at the lower end of the steering rod with a locking torque of 35 N·m.
(4) Install two bolts connecting the brake caliper and the knuckle with a tightening torque of 25 N·m.
(5) Install the self-locking nut at the end of the half shaft with a tightening torque of 265 N·m.
(6) Install the tire, the locking torque of the tire bolt is 110 N·m.
At this point, the operation of installing the front hub bearing is completed.
Auto wheel bearing use precautions
1. In order to ensure maximum safety and reliability, it is recommended that you always check the hub bearing regardless of the length of the car – pay attention to whether the bearing has early warning signs of wear: including any friction noise during rotation or suspension of the combined wheel in the turn When the speed is not normal. For rear-wheel-drive vehicles, it is recommended that the vehicle travels to 38,000 km to deal with the lubrication of the front hub bearings. When replacing the brake system, check the bearings and replace the oil seal.
2. If you hear the noise from the bearing parts of the hub, first of all, it is important to find the location where the noise occurs. There are many moving parts that may produce noise, or some rotating parts may come into contact with the non-rotating parts. If it is confirmed that the noise is in the bearing, the bearing may be damaged and needs to be replaced.
3. Because the working conditions of the front hubs causing the failure of the bearings on both sides are similar, it is recommended to replace them in pairs even if only one bearing is broken.
4, the wheel bearing is more sensitive, in any case need to use the correct method and the right tool. The components of the bearing must not be damaged during storage and installation. Some bearings require a large pressure to press in, so special tools are required. Be sure to refer to the car manufacturer's instructions.
5, when installing the bearing should be in a clean and tidy environment, the fine particles into the bearing will also shorten the service life of the bearing. It is very important to maintain a clean environment when replacing bearings. It is not allowed to hit the bearing with a hammer, pay attention to the bearing not to fall to the ground (or similarly improper handling). The condition of the shaft and housing should also be checked before installation. Even minor wear can cause poor fit and cause early failure of the bearing.
6. For the hub bearing unit, do not attempt to disassemble the hub bearing or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit, otherwise the seal ring will be damaged and water or dust will enter. Even the raceways of the seal ring and the inner ring are damaged, resulting in permanent failure of the bearing.
7. There is a magnetic thrust ring in the seal ring bearing the ABS device bearing. The thrust ring cannot be impacted, impacted or collided with other magnetic fields. Remove from the box before installation and keep them away from magnetic fields, such as electric motors or power tools. When installing these bearings, observe the ABS alarm needle on the instrument panel through the road condition test to change the operation of the bearing.
8. For the hub bearing equipped with the ABS magnetic thrust ring, in order to determine which side of the thrust ring is mounted, a light and small thing can be used near the edge of the bearing, and the magnetic force generated by the bearing will attract it. When installing, point the side with the magnetic thrust ring to the inside, facing the sensitive component of the ABS. Note: Improper installation may result in malfunction of the brake system.
9. Many bearings are sealed. These bearings do not need to be greased throughout their life. Other unsealed bearings such as double row tapered roller bearings must be greased during installation. Because the inner cavity of the bearing is different in size, it is difficult to determine how much grease is added. The most important thing is to ensure that there is grease in the bearing. If the grease is too much, when the bearing rotates, the excess grease will seep out. General experience: When installing, the total amount of grease should account for 50% of the bearing clearance.
10. When installing the lock nut, the torque varies greatly depending on the bearing type and the bearing housing.