1 Introduction to the wheel
The tire itself is soft, and the inner section of the tire supports the drum, and the center-mounted component is called the hub. The wheel hub is also called a rim, a steel ring, a cymbal, and a tire bell. It is a cylindrical shape of a tire-supporting tire, and a metal component centered on the shaft. The hub is available in a wide variety of diameters, widths, molding methods, and materials.
2 wheel classification
The wheel is also called a rim. According to the characteristics and requirements of different models, the surface treatment process of the hub will adopt different methods, which can be roughly divided into baking varnish and electroplating. The wheel of the ordinary model is considered less in appearance, and the heat dissipation is a basic requirement. The process is basically painted with baking paint, that is, first sprayed and then baked, the cost is economical and the color is beautiful and the time is long, even if the vehicle is scrapped. The color of the hub remains the same. Many Volkswagen models have a surface finish that is painted, such as Santana 2000, Xiali Junya, Times Pride, Southeast Lingshuai or Honda Odyssey. Some fashion-forward, sporty color wheels use paint technology. These wheels are affordable and come complete. Electroplating wheels are also divided into electroplating silver, water plating and pure plating. Although the electroplated silver and water electroplating wheels are bright and vivid, they are kept for a short time, so the price is relatively cheap, which is favored by many young people who are pursuing freshness. The market price is between 300 yuan and 500 yuan. Purely plated wheels, such as the Da Bu Ke GL8 original factory produced by Shanghai General, is a purely electroplated wheel. The color stays for a long time, which can be said to be high quality and high price. Mid-to-high-end cars such as Guangben and Audi are using purely electroplated wheels, and the price is about 800-900 yuan. [Details]
3 wheel hub architecture
1. Rim: Cooperate with the tire assembly to support the wheel portion of the tire.
2. Spokes: Install and connect with the axle hub to support the wheel part of the rim.
3. Offset: The distance from the center of the rim to the mounting surface of the spoke. There are positive offset, zero offset, and negative offset.
4. Flange: The rim portion that holds and supports the tire direction.
5. Bead seat: It is in contact with the tire ring and supports the rim portion in the radial direction of the tire.
6. Groove bottom: In order to facilitate the assembly and disassembly of the tire, a pit with a certain depth and width is left on the rim.
7. Valve hole: Install the hole of the tire valve. [Details]
4 hub purchase (hub parameters)
Do not blindly increase the wheel hub. Generally speaking, it is most suitable to increase the size of one or two according to the size of the original wheel hub.
This means that you can't pick your favorite shape when you choose, and you should follow the advice of the technician to consider whether the three distances are appropriate.
The complex and dense wheel is indeed beautiful and looks good, but it is easy to refuse to wash or collect more money when washing the car, because it is too troublesome to wash. The simple wheels are dynamic and clean.
A wheel hub contains a lot of parameters, and each parameter affects the use of the vehicle, so make sure to confirm these parameters before modifying and maintaining the hub.
The size of the wheel hub is actually the diameter of the wheel hub. We often hear the saying that the 15-inch wheel hub and the 16-inch wheel hub are the same. The 15 and 16 inch wheels refer to the size (diameter) of the hub. Generally, in a car, if the size of the wheel is large and the flatness of the tire is high, it can visually exert a good tension effect, and the stability of the vehicle handling will also increase, but the fuel consumption increases accordingly. Such additional problems.
The width of the hub is also known as the J value. The width of the hub directly affects the choice of the tire. For the same size of the tire, the J value is different, and the selected flatness and width of the tire are different.
5 wheel mounting
1. In order to ensure maximum safety and reliability, it is recommended that you always check the hub bearing regardless of the length of the car – pay attention to whether the bearing has early warning signs of wear: including any friction noise during rotation or suspension of the combined wheel in the turn When the speed is not normal. For rear-wheel-drive vehicles, it is recommended that the vehicle travels to 38,000 km to deal with the lubrication of the front hub bearings. When replacing the brake system, check the bearings and replace the oil seal.
2. If you hear the noise from the bearing parts of the hub, first of all, it is important to find the location where the noise occurs. There are many moving parts that may produce noise, or some rotating parts may come into contact with the non-rotating parts. If it is confirmed that the noise is in the bearing, the bearing may be damaged and needs to be replaced.
3. Because the working conditions of the front hubs causing the failure of the bearings on both sides are similar, it is recommended to replace them in pairs even if only one bearing is broken. [Details]
6 wheel modification
Wheel modification refers to the modification of the original wheel of the vehicle by the owner or a person specialized in vehicle modification in order to achieve aesthetic or other purposes. It is generally a modification for aesthetics. At the same time, wheel modification is one of the most important modifications in vehicle modification.
Rim offset (offset value):
This value is the value of the center of the rim cross section to the fixed reference plane of the screw hole. It is positive for the general RV and negative for a few vehicles and some Jeep. For example, the offset value of a car is ET40. The aluminum ring of the ET45 will be retracted into the wheel arch than the original wheel-modified photo album (19 sheets). This design is related to the steering characteristics of the vehicle and the angle of the wheel. The original set value is usually optimized. The excessive offset value may lead to abnormal tire wear, easy bearing wear and even high-speed puncture. Loss of control and other side effects, can not be careless!
PCD value and hole position:
The hole position refers to the number of lock nuts when the rim is fixed, generally 4 holes or 5 holes. The PCD value is the diameter of the circle formed by joining the holes, so some holes may be drilled with 8 holes, which are prepared to accommodate two different PCD values.
7 wheel maintenance
1. Check the scars. If it is not damaged to the inside of the hub, you can simply repair it, use the paint dilution, wipe the scar around, and remove the dirt.
2. It is difficult to remove the dirt in the deepest part of the scratch, and it can be completely cleaned with a toothpick.
3. In order to prevent accidental application of the unrelated part of the paint, it is best to carefully stick the adhesive tape around the scar.
4. Arrange the tip of the brush and apply the lacquer. After the lacquer is dry, shrink it slightly. It is best to spread it slightly.
5. After painting, it takes about a week to completely dry. After drying, apply with soapy water on a water-resistant paper to smooth the surface.
6. After wiping with water-resistant paper, wipe off the light with a mixture and then wax.